Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's Nearly Here

Hello. How has your weekend been? For us, Friday and Saturday was filled with friends and Tait and I went childless to dinner on Friday evening. A late birthday gift to him from my parents. That was nice. Since he's moved back in I think it was the first time we'd had any alone time, out of the house.
<span class=
Today started off very lazy, then I became inspired as I was reading through various posts around the web on Candlemas. We've not observed it before, never even gave a a second thought to Groundhog Day. So I dug through the links I've been collecting on Pinterest, and I think Candlemas may be exactly what I need right now. The unseasonably warm winter may not have made for a very cosy season but the early signs of spring are rather comforting. I'm still pouring over my seed catalogues and I'm so eager to get started on the garden! I ran across this site on Pinterest. You put your zip code in and get exact dates for planting what, when for your area. This week I'm supposed to start broccoli indoors and leeks next week. Planting!
Have I shown you this? A play garden.. it's my plan to keep River occupied so that I can actually get some work done in the garden this year.
<span class=
So, the plan this week is; get my broccoli started, tidy up the greenhouse, make candles and spring cleaning. I'm really excited about the spring cleaning. I love pulling everything out and putting things in order and purging, of course. I also read in one of those Pinterest links that this is a good time to make some goals, resolutions, if you will and decide what you want to see birthed in you this year. I like that. I never did face that pile of discontent and sort it out, but I'm ready to now.
<span class=

<span class=P

<span class=
I made these Lemon Cranberry Scones last week and they we so good. I cut small triangles and ended up with 16. The girls ate so many! I thought there would be enough for two breakfasts... not a chance. Maye you would like to try them this week. And if you're making plans for Candlemas, would you mind sharing them with me?