Thursday, February 25, 2010

Home Again

Home with River at last.
And she's back to peaceful sleeping and lots and lots of nursing.

And lots and lots of love from her big sisters.


And I'm attempting to regain some measure of rhythm and balance in the house. Which is no easy task at the moment. The four of us have alot of adjustments to make. Not just the new addition but one less adult in the house as my husband moved out this past September. And though we still maintain a loving relationship with one another we're just not compatible to live together. He lives nearby now, but, of course, the girls miss his daily presence and I struggle to meet all the needs of my three girls in a peaceful way. I am grateful that we've been able to keep our relationship intact, much to the befuddlement of our loved ones, and am so grateful that we can both remain united as parents for our girls' sake.

While the change is taking some time to adjust to it has brought a peace to the house and mostly to me. I feel a sense of hopefulness and like a heavy weight has been lifted off of me. It is partly why I stayed away for so long, though. I feel like I kind of hid from everyone through my entire pregnancy while I worked through everything. Grew accustomed. I wasn't here. I dropped out of my knitting group. Ignored phone calls. I wasn't sad. Just needed time.... But now I am ready, and eager, to get back on the horse, catch up and spend some time with the things and people I love.

You'll be hearing alot more from me now!

4 comments:

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

Hope it all comes around peacefully for you and yours.

KnitterMama said...

I too hope it all comes around peacefully for you. Beautifully stated.

Alisa Noble said...

Sweet addition!

Good for you for taking some time to adjust to all the new changes.

The Knitwit Hues said...

Oh, Julie! I had no idea! I thought you were quiet 'cause of the pregnancy. I'm the same way -- shut down and outta everything while absorbing something difficult -- need that "completely alone" time in my own head. So I know just what you're talking about. I'm so glad you're feeling peaceful about it now and looking forward. That's the part I always have trouble with, so KUDO's to you!

Sending smiles and loving support,
Diane Eve

Post a Comment